A prognosis for workplace wellness
Over the last few decades, Health Systems Group has gained significant expertise in worksite and workplace wellness. More and more organizations are making a real effort to address issues related to safety, health risk, employee satisfaction, productivity and engagement in their workplace.
Increasing benefit costs are a huge concern for organizations, with stress-related illness one of the most significant contributors to short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) claims in organizations. Mental health and nervous disorder claims for long-term disability represent a significant portion of new claims.
Organizations have a vested interest in creating a culture that values and encourages health and vitality. Clearly, employees reap many benefits from proactively managing their health. It also goes without saying that physically and mentally healthy employees are critical to the productivity of any organization.
We believe that the future for wellness in the Canadian workplace is encouraging. Health Systems Group continues to break new ground and has a growing base of experience to offer our clients Wellness Solutions that Work. Not only can we deliver a great wellness program, we can also assist organizations in developing a comprehensive and sustainable healthy workplace strategy.
All organizations face challenges when it comes to implementing a wellness program. Health Systems Group has the know-how to deliver programs that are solutions driven:
- Determining realistic outcomes, long and short term goals; where to start and what to focus on.
- Multiple locations and/or wide diversity in the employee population present unique requirements.
- Program scheduling must accommodate shift work in many organizations.
- The tendency for “siloing” within organizations frequently contributes to programming obstacles.
- Funding for programs is often limited.
- Employees often have limited time to participate in traditional wellness programs.
Physically and mentally healthy employees are essential to the productivity of any organization. With over 35-years of experience in workplace wellness, we have the expertise to deliver programs that focus on:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Reducing health risk
- Building employee engagement
- Managing benefit costs
- Attracting and retaining top talent
- Contributing to workplace productivity