Join our team and make a difference!
We are always on the lookout for talented people with the education, skills, experience, and passion to thrive in our industry. If you have what it takes to deliver high quality programs and extraordinary customer service, we want to hear from you. Health Systems Group may have the perfect career opportunity you are looking for in fitness, wellness, and recreation.
Please consider joining our team and review our current job postings below.
What we offer:
Health Systems Group offers positive experiences and growth opportunities to our staff. We take pride in the quality of our client services and that is why every HSG employee receives ongoing training and supervisory support to give them every opportunity to excel in their careers. We are interested in building long-term relationships not only with our clients but with our employees as well.
- A benefit program that includes group life insurance and health benefits for full-time staff.
- An individualized orientation process for new staff that includes a personal learning plan.
- In-service training in leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills, and technical topics.
- Funding for full-time staff to pursue professional growth.
- Career advancement facilitated through: mentorship, task force work, workshops and conferences.
- A corporate priority to recruit from within HSG for new job openings.
We’re always on the lookout for:
Send us your resume for future consideration, or apply for one of the current positions available below.
- Fitness Consultants
- Personal Trainers
- Group Exercise Instructors
Current positions available:
Health Systems Group www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of professional consulting and management services in fitness and wellness, has a position opening for a full time Member Service Representative/Fitness Assistant at its St. Clair College location in Chatham, ON.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Front Desk Member Service Representative/Fitness Assistant is responsible for managing the front desk including, but not limited to, providing exceptional customer service to all clients or members, various administrative duties including answering phones, working with member database system, accounts payable, deposits, special projects and support to fitness/gymnasium/recreational program.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Is honest, ethical and trustworthy.
- Demonstrates an attentiveness to detail.
- Is an excellent problem solver.
- Accounting and Office Administrative experience an asset
- Computer experience including Word, Excel and Publisher an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP, NSCA, CanFitPro, YMCA, etc.)
- Group Exercise certification and teaching ability an asset
To apply for the position with Health Systems Group (at St. Clair College HealthPlex), please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Jordan Geehan General Manager JGeehan@stclaircollege.ca
Deadline: 27 July 2017
All applicants will be required to complete a practical evaluation as a part of the interview process. We thank everyone for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Health Systems Group Limited www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of fitness and wellness services has an opening for a part-time Fitness Consultant in Hamilton, ON.
Fitness Consultant responsibilities include providing general fitness programs, membership registration and administration, facility maintenance and cleaning, creation of wellness and informational materials and some event planning. The Fitness Consultant will also be key in developing a robust, fee-for-service personal training program alongside the Fitness Coordinator.
The ideal candidate would hold a degree in kinesiology or a diploma in a similar field and also be a certified and experienced Personal Trainer, and able to deliver Personal Training services in addition to their consulting hours. The ideal candidate must also be motivated, able to work independently and will report directly to the Fitness Coordinator.
The current opening is for approximately 20-25 hours per week and would require working some evenings until 7:30 PM. In addition to these consulting hours, personal training hours may be worked.
- Exceptional customer service in order to create a service focused environment
- Provide safe, balanced and technically sound fitness programs.
- Provide assistance with membership services including Fitness Centre tours and orientations, complete program registrations and administrative assistance.
- Create and implement group exercise programming, fitness and nutrition information and new wellness initiatives
- Strong collaboration skills
- Able to engage with a diverse fitness centre population
- Degree in kinesiology and/or diploma in health, fitness and wellness (or equivalent)
- Proof of valid Personal Training Certification and liability insurance
- Proof of current SFA/CPR/AED
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Group Fitness Instructor Specialist (or equivalent) preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in the fitness industry preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Highly motivated
Please send your resume including your availability to by August 2nd:
Health Systems Group Limited www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of fitness and wellness services in Canada has an opening for a freelance Group Exercise Instructor in Toronto for The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) (Stokes Street & Russell Street). The current opening would require teaching a minimum of 1-2 classes per week. There are various times available including morning, lunch hour, and evening classes Monday through Friday. Class types include:
- Muscle Conditioning
- Boot camp & Tabata classes
- Tai Chi
- Martial Arts
- Role model service excellence in order to create a service focused environment
- Provide safe and technically sound fitness classes
- Monitor class participants during classes & address any concerns
- Track and report attendance
- Provide additional instructor coverage when available to maintain the consistency of the group fitness class schedule.
- Proof of appropriate Certification
- Proof of current First Aid/CPR/AED
- Proof of Insurance Coverage
- Provide own music
- Minimum 2 years experience in conducting group exercise classes
Please send your resume including your availability.
HSG Health Systems Group Ltd (www.healthsystemsgroup.com) requires a Full Time Program Coordinator to work at a fitness centre located in downtown Calgary. We are searching for a dynamic team member to be part of our professional fitness & wellness team, who has the talent and desire to offer exemplary care and customer service to our members, guests and staff.
This 10,000 sq. ft facility is located in an office complex a few blocks from the C-Train and offers covered bike parking for our staff. Our 500-member facility contains state-of-the-art LifeFitness cardio machines; Atlantis strength machines/free weights and a 1,400 sq. ft. group exercise class studio.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a larger HSG team.
- Work Hours: full-time salaried HSG career position;
- Group Exercise: organize and coordinate group exercise classes and instructors;
- Floor Supervision: assist members with safe, effective use of exercise equipment (Train Right);
- Customer Service: greet members, answer telephone inquiries, conduct facility tours for prospective members, and be in the “Serve Right” mode at all times;
- Digital Engagement: use and design online and other digital resources to promote member programs, events and corporate wellness programs on behalf of the fitness centre;
- Classes: conduct 2-3 group exercise classes per week (circuit training, cardio sculpting, core and abs, etc);• Fitness Appraisals: conduct CPAFLA fitness appraisals and counseling sessions;
- Facility: assist Account Manager with equipment maintenance and facility upkeep as part of our on-site HSG staff team;
- Wellness: develop or assist with Lunch and Learns, bulletin boards, special events, etc;
- Personal Training: conduct personal training sessions, if desired (optional/negotiable).
- Post-secondary education in Kinesiology, Physical Education, or similar exercise science;
- CSEP – CPT or CSEP – CEP (or in progress)
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification;
- Group exercise class skills (AFLCA certification highly recommended). AFLCA Trainer of Leaders (an asset)
- This will be a high-paced environment that requires the ability to multi-task and handle frequent customer service issues with a smile, with HSG’s Serve Right system top of mind;
- Must be a self-starter, work well with minimal supervision, have exceptional customer service skills and exhibit a positive & enthusiastic manner;
- Must be outgoing and energetic, as well as a great relationship builder;
- Ability to thrive under pressure situations, in a positive way.
Please forward resumes to: email@example.com
We thank all respondents, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
Application deadline: July 31, 2017
Health Systems Group www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of professional consulting and management services in fitness, recreation and wellness, has an opening for a Fitness General Manager at a Corporate Fitness Centre in Waterloo, Ontario. The Private Fitness Facility, managed by HSG, includes a Fitness and group exercise studio and services just under 1000 members.
The General Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the facility on a day to day basis, supporting all programming and fitness related activities, ensuring customer service excellence and meeting the evolving needs of our client. To be considered for this role, a commitment to our core values including integrity, respect, service and teamwork are essential.
Applicants who meet the following criteria and can demonstrate their skill and ability in the following areas should apply:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fitness & wellness setting
- Strong staff and relationship management skills
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Teach a variety of Group Fitness Classes for all levels of fitness
- Provide Personal and Small Group Training services
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills; including solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Available evenings until 7:00 PM and some Saturdays
- Degree in Fitness and/or related
- Hold current certifications including; FIS, Personal Training, CPR, First Aid
Please forward resumes by [07/20/2017] to: firstname.lastname@example.org