Join our team and make a difference!
We are always on the lookout for talented people with the education, skills, experience, and passion to thrive in our industry. If you have what it takes to deliver high quality programs and extraordinary customer service, we want to hear from you. Health Systems Group may have the perfect career opportunity you are looking for in fitness, wellness, and recreation.
HSG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to HSG in advance.
Please consider joining our team and review our current job postings below.
What we offer:
Health Systems Group offers positive experiences and growth opportunities to our staff. We take pride in the quality of our client services and that is why every HSG employee receives ongoing training and supervisory support to give them every opportunity to excel in their careers. We are interested in building long-term relationships not only with our clients but with our employees as well.
- A benefit program that includes group life insurance and health benefits for full-time staff.
- An individualized orientation process for new staff that includes a personal learning plan.
- In-service training in leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills, and technical topics.
- Funding for full-time staff to pursue professional growth.
- Career advancement facilitated through: mentorship, task force work, workshops and conferences.
- A corporate priority to recruit from within HSG for new job openings.
We’re always on the lookout for:
Send us your resume for future consideration, or apply for one of the current positions available below.
- Fitness Consultants
- Personal Trainers
- Group Exercise Instructors
Current positions available:
HSG Health Systems Group Limited (www.healthsystemsgroup.com) is looking for Group Fitness (Kickboxing) Instructors in Calgary, Alberta. HSG has been managing fitness centres & health clubs since 1978 and currently manages over fifty facilities across Canada, including twenty in downtown Calgary. This position is negotiable based upon your teaching experience and qualifications.
We are essentially looking for someone who would be available as a regular substitute for one of our regular Kickboxing instructors.
- Teach kickboxing classes as scheduled by the program coordinator
- Provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for health and fitness
- Promote fitness in a creative and enthusiastic fashion
- Be available before and after class to answer questions and engage members
- Be available for teaching both regular classes and subbing classes at various HSG facilities, primarily located in Calgary’s downtown core
- Current CPR & First Aid
- Specialty certification for kickboxing (Fitness kickboxing or other)
- Group fitness certification from a recognized organization (ALFCA). – an asset
- Passionate and energetic about fitness
- Should genuinely like people, be out-going and fun loving
- Liability insurance ($1 000 000 minimum coverage)
- Know the fundamental techniques of kickboxing
- Ideally experience with group fitness and/or leading kickboxing classes
Interested candidates should forward their resume to: email@example.com
Health Systems Group www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of professional consulting and management services in fitness, recreation and wellness, has an opening for a Part-time Fitness Consultant at myFitness Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario.
Fitness Consultant responsibilities include providing general fitness programs, leading classes (pending certifications), membership registration and administration, facility maintenance and cleaning, creation of wellness and informational materials and some event planning.
The ideal candidate would also be a certified and experienced Group Fitness Instructor and/or Personal Trainer, able to deliver Group Fitness classes and Personal Training services in addition to their consulting hours.
The current opening would require working Saturdays from 6:30 AM to 12:00 PM and some evenings until 7:00 PM.
- Role model service excellence in order to create a service focused environment
- Provide safe, balanced and technically sound fitness programs.
- Provide assistance with membership services including Fitness Centre tours and orientations, complete program registrations and administrative assistance.
- Multifaceted Training approach able to work with various clientele.
- Degree or diploma in Fitness and/or Recreation (either accomplished or currently working towards)
- Proof of valid Personal Training Certification (CSEP preferred)
- Proof of current SFA/CPR/AED
- Group Fitness Instructor Specialist (or equivalent)
Interested candidates should forward their resumes by April 1, 2019.
Make a difference. Love your Work!
If you have a passion for connecting with people who want to live well, and enjoy making a difference in their lives, we want to hear from you! Make a difference. Love your Work! If you have a passion for connecting with people who want to live well, and enjoy making a difference in their lives, we want to hear from you!
Health Systems Group offers tremendous opportunities for learning and growth along with competitive wages, in a very positive work environment. We consult for and manage fitness, wellness and recreational centres for some of the most recognized companies in North America.
HSG currently manages over 20 Fitness Centres in downtown Calgary and two others in the SE and we are growing! We currently have openings for management positions, personal trainers and group fitness instructors. Our facilities have commercial quality strength, cardio and portable equipment, as well as group exercise class studios/space.
HSG is holding a career fair for personal trainers, group fitness instructors and management positions. Please come prepared with a current resume and dressed in fitness attire.
Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Time: 10:30 a.m.
Location: Western Canadian Place Fitness Centre – P1 Level 707 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1H5 (Please enter through 6th St. entrance)
If you are interested in attending the career fair, to reserve your spot please RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward your resume along with a statement stating your interest in the career fair.
You MUST RSVP in order to attend the career fair!
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology or similar.
- CSEP-CPT or CSEP-CEP
- AFLCA (an asset)
- Experience personal training.
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology or Personal Training diploma.
- CSEP-CPT or CSEP-CEP
- Professional insurance
- At least one year training experience
- Current First Aid & CPR
Group Fitness Instructors:
- Specialty certification or group fitness certification from a recognized organization (eg. ALFCA)
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Liability Insurance ($1,000,000 minimum coverage)
Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre
Title: Fitness Coach & Personal Trainer
Commences: Currently reviewing resumes for 2018-2019 hires
Certified personal trainer (CSEP, Can-fit-Pro, CPTN)
University degree or college diploma in physical education/kinesiology/fitness and health
Certified in CPR-C and Standard first aid
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in personal training
Monday to Friday 6:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Description of Positions & Responsibilities:
1) Part-time Fitness Coaching
- Perform scheduled and impromptu fitness consultations
- Supervise the fitness floor by maintaining a good rapport with members, overseeing proper use of the equipment and providing a quality environment
- Provide referral services where appropriate such as personal training, lifestyle advice or nutrition consultation.
- Manage health promotion projects such as the bulletin boards, newsletters, member handouts, and other educational materials.
- Report to the Head Trainer and assist in on-going projects within the fitness facility
- Must be available for weekends and flexible.
2) Part-time or Full-time Personal Training
- Promote personal training service (one-on-one, semi-private or small group)
- Deliver detailed and customized personal training programs to clients
- Report directly to the Head Trainer and Director of Fitness
- Experience & certification in Older Adult Fitness, Pre & Post Natal Fitness or other specialty fitness is an asset
- Must be available for early morning clients.
Required Transferable Skills and Attributes:
- Team player and a hard worker
- Energetic and passionate about fitness and health
- Willing to learn new things and flexible
- Time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid communication skills and professionalism
Please send cover letter and resume in attention to:
Jason Espino; Director of Fitness
Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre
Email: email@example.com please send email only.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provide the following:
- Circuit Interval / Boot Camp style classes
- Muscle Pump classes
- Cardio Kick Box classes
- Aerobic Floor
- Spin classes
Provide a positive and welcoming group exercise class environment.
Provide safe, high calibre technically sound strong and energetic fitness classes.
Monitor class participants during classes.
Address all participant concerns.
Promote all group exercise fitness classes.
Ensure members adhere to the rules of the fitness centre
- Certified Fitness Instructor Certification (Can-Fit Pro or other)
- Certified Spin Certification (preferably Madd Dog Athletics)
- Certified in CPR, First Aid and AED
- Superior customer service with a positive and professional manner
For transit users, we are conveniently located on the Yonge subway line. (Please note: Parking would be the responsibility of the interested candidate.)
Filomena Roberto – Manager
Procter & Gamble Vibrant Living Fitness Centre
firstname.lastname@example.org // 416-730-5983
Health Systems Group (HSG) www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of professional consulting and management services in Fitness and Wellness, has an opening for a part-time/full-time Swim Instructor/Lifeguard at the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre, located in the Annex neighbourhood at Bloor and Spadina. The fitness facility, managed by HSG, features a salt water pool, exercise studios, weight room and gymnasium. We serve 3500+ members.
Applicants who meet the following criteria should apply:
- Friendly and customer service oriented
- Enjoys working with children
- Weekend availability
- Strong administrative skills
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C”
- One of: Water Safety Instructors (WSI), Lifesaving Instructors (LSI), YMCA Swim Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service (NLS)
We are looking for Swim Instructors or Swim Instructors & Lifeguards.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Philip Knight at email@example.com